n: DAVID JAMES
STRENGTHS & SIGNIFICANT ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• 19+ years of Public Relations including, writing, public speaking, producing and hosting
• 11+ years of marketing presentations in a regulatory environment, i.e. FTC, FCC, FDA & HIPPA
• Published author, former newspaper columnist and a current blogger for various industries
• 15+ years of proven success in mass media relations including television, internet, print and radio
• Over 10 years of management and training experience of creative, PR and marketing teams
• A social media leader who established promotion, marketing and content creation guidelines to grow business and build the customer relationship, utilizing SEO and effective keyword strategies
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & KEY POSITIONS HELD
ACX for Amazon Audible 2016-Present
Research books and develop key opportunities for them to be converted to profitable audiobooks.
Select accomplishments at ACX include
• Negotiate Contracts to maximize ROI
• Edit and Produce a genre variety of audiobooks
• Researched and bid for most popular books to develop into audio books
ACAC – Corporate Wellness Director 2015 – 2016
Create and managed B2B Partnerships with local and Fortune 500 corporations to increase membership throughout Chester County. Promoting the success of department initiatives through writing blogs, direct mail, and social media.
Select accomplishments at ACAC include
• Negotiated largest National account in NE Region increasing club membership by 40%
• Facilitated a social media plan to build awareness of B2B opportunities, increase of 11%
• Account management of over 75 regional companies including Vanguard, QVC & Shire
QVC – Program Host 2004 – 2013
Collaborated researched and presented strategic marketing and selling of thousands of products through the dynamic execution of direct response live broadcasting. Other responsibilities included (but were not limited to) product development, training new associates, developing a website and sales campaigns along with the creation of numerous social media (new media) ideas.
Select accomplishments at QVC Include
• Pioneered numerous social media events that produced the most successful Black Friday sales event to date in QVC history.
• Developed, implemented and produced online content that engaged and grew customer relations with national brands including, blogs, video, and photography.
• A leader and early adopter of social media who trained the team on how to write and create effective content to increase social media sharing and drive business to media campaigns and brand awareness
WMAS, WLEV & WQSM Broadcasting – On-Air / Promotions 1994-2004
Led creative teams in writing, producing and broadcasting top-rated morning show broadcasts. Reported topical stories in the news relevant to the local community. Built and maintained relationships with community leaders, advertisers and not for profit organizations while maintaining high ratings.
Select accomplishments in Broadcasting and Promotions
• Wrote press releases to promote events with national celebrities and for Non-Profit Promotion
• Created, promoted and launched first ever Baystate Hospital’s Children’s Miracle Network Radiothon which continues to this day and has raised over 1.5 million dollars
• Partnered and created media content to help raise over $400,00 in 3 years for local charities: Red Cross, Susan G. Komen & Shriner’s Hospital
• Rallied State Representatives to develop several PR projects for children including Massachusetts issued Dr. Seuss car tags to promote reading to school age children
Cape Fear Regional Theater – Operations Director 1993 – 1995
Managed a 400-seat live performance theater with a full staff. Customer service was a top priority and gained through a spotless theater, fast efficient concessions and a well-trained and educated staff.
Selected accomplishments as Operations Director
• Managed facility and the public relations manager, house manager and custodial staff
• Produced live events to promote theatre performances resulting in regional media coverage
• Recruited and Trained volunteer staff of 100+ to ensure a quality patron experience
• Created and implemented a new inventory and security system to stop product attrition
David’s Photo Studio – Owner Current
Created free-lance photography business that has been recognized by a national celebrity clientele as a leader in photography including editorial, fashion, lifestyle, headshot and corporate photography.
Select responsibilities and accomplishments include
• Hire, manage and appoint a staff of photographers, hair and make-up artists to assignments
• Increased clients by 40% through social media, web design and marketing campaigns
• Recognized with an “Award of Excellence” from the Chester County Art Association
Bachelor of Arts in History & Theater (Double Major) from the University of Alabama at Birmingham
• Received full scholarship